Tuesday 26 November 2013

week 10 research task

when i graduate im unsure whether i would like to be self employed or work for a company. however, i    have put together a list of postive and negative points to consider whether being self employed would be good for me, i am doing the list based on being self employed working from home.

positive 

- the cost of traveling is not an issue therefore petrol would not be a problem for work
- i can work whatever hours i feel are best for me
- i would not need to rely on holidays to be able to venture to new places for inspiration
- as i feel gift is where i want to lie in the market the cost of the production side is quite low compared to say if i needed print room facilities because it would be more digitally produced
- i could claim back some of my utility bills on things such as electricity from using the laptop/printer etc and heating.

negative 

- i am quite a sociable person therefore not meeting and conversing with new people might get abit boring for me
- there is no one to share ideas with or talk about anythng to do with my or their work
- working from home would require a decent laptop with the up to date adobe software to be able to produce my designs. this software to buy is rather exspensive
- furthermore i would need a decent printer to be able to print my designs on good quality printer
- also a scanner to scan in drawings to work digitally with them
- i would need to provide my own motivation, no one else is there to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment